Friday, November 28, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Three days prior to Thanksgiving Les and I decided to do a little
oatmeal, rice and beans experiment leading up to the holiday. We only
made it two days since the shock of only rice and beans caused major
intestinal discomfort. I think my nose hairs may be synged for life.
Okay so maybe we are a bit whimpy with only two days but this minor
experiment made Thanksgiving all that more meaningful to me.

My definition of the word starving is so messed up. So often I open
the fridge or pantry and decide that there is no food to cook for
dinner. Oh how deceived I've been. I'm thankful that I never have to
put my babies to bed hungry. I'm thankful that I can go to sleep at
night and not worry about people barging in with guns who would hurt
me and my family. I'm thankful I'm not in an IDP camp. Im thankful I'm
an American. I'm thankful for sweet friends who invited us into their
family for Thanksgiving this year. I'm thankful for a church who isn't
about just saving lives but who is passionate about changing lives.
I'm just so thankful!

I think we will make a week of beans and rice the week leading up to
Thanksgiving a Brown Family tradition. Next year I have a feeling I'll
be even more thankful for the gianormous bottle of Beano I'm going to
buy before that week begins!

1 comment:

Tara said...

way to go with the rice and beans thing!!!!
thanks for reminding us all exactly how blessed we are!
love you!