Friday, February 13, 2009

UNKNOWN

last night while working on adoption maddness 2009 Les was filling out
a section on our parents. I did my usual and just wrote my mom in the
blank and Les asked if I thought we should write my dads name in too.
I said whatever and as he wrote unknown in the spaces about my dads
personal information I felt a stab I've never felt before.

In the past I've flippantly been able to remark about my dads sperm
donor status as if it was a strangers dad I was talking about. If I
felt anything it was shame. I must have done something wrong for my
dad not to be around. This is probably the first time I've felt the
stab of what should have been. Progress? Wish it wasn't so painful.

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

Erin said...

Love you and big hug from the hsieh family~