Friday, March 20, 2009

THE DREAM I DIDN'T MEANTION

Les and I had been talking off and on about adoption for awhile before
we decided to move forward. The thing that sealed the deal for me was
a vivid dream of our Ethiopian son. I always worried about having the
ability to love an adopted child as much ad my own. In that dream it
was so apparent that I didn't need to worry. The boy in my dream was
my son. He may have been birthed by a different mother BUT he was mine
and the feeling of love was so strong.

A month or two later I had another dream. One as equally vivid. I
dreamed I discovered I was pregnant and although excited about new
life, I was sad that our baby boy in Africa would have to wait to come
home. This dream only fueled my fire! So many of my friends are
beautifully pregnant. It's contagious! The joy and excitement of being
apart of the miracle of life is so compelling.

Yesterday I discovered that the second dream came true. I am expecting
Catorce Brown sometime in November. I am excited to be apart of yet
another miracle! I am scared at being pregnant while in the throws of
the terrible threes and two's. I am so sad that our sweet baby boy in
Africa won't be coming home as soon as expected. It's amazingly bitter
sweet. I know all this means is that our baby boy in Africa is not yet
conceived. The boy that God has hand picked for our family is a gift
promised for the future. I am truly blessed beyond measure and in awe
of God's Sovereignty.

Sent from my iPhone

13 comments:

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

Congratulations! I was just thinking of you the other day and the fact that this is the longest you have not been pregnant. I am happy for you guys.

Ann Piper said...

Congratulations! That is so great.

Katrina said...

OH MY!! You are one baby making machine. That is wonderful!! Praying for you!!

kristen said...

Congrats! you are about to pass up Wags...just like you told him at the party:) so excited for you guys. praying for peace and energy and no sickies:)

Lindsey said...

So thrilled for you and Les! And it is good to know there is a prophetess among us!

chrys said...

love, love, love, love it! i'm absolutely thrilled for you. you're on your way to filling up that bus!

rejoicing with you. truly. what a blessing!

chrys

Sundee said...

WHAT!!! OH MY GOODNESS! CONGRATULATIONS, Desi! Unbelievable. I love how God is revealing His plan for you in your dreams...with your dreams. ♥

Caryn said...

Congratulations!!! WOW a four pack, what a blessing.

Mrs. Juicebox said...

OMG! Congratulations!

The Charton's said...

Congratulations Desi! That is so exciting. I can't imagine what a fun place your house will be.

Anonymous said...

Holy Mother of Mary, woman. Bring on the babies. Don't take this the wrong way, but I so hope you are sick because that means ANOTHER GIRL!!

Angela said...

I had no idea. I so self-consumed with my own sh*t. I really had no idea and mignt be mad at you for not sharing it with me --- sista. Love you beyond understanding. Love. Love. Love you. And all your family. I have to remember I'm 42. Two is it for us. But God's plan could certainly be different. I've always wanted to adopt or be a foster parent. Again, God has the final say. Thank goodness!

Ryan said...

Desi,
I am so happy for you and your family. Although I have not told you this yet, you are my "mommy mentor". Sending lots of love your way!
Natalie Martin