Sunday, August 24, 2014

DAY 1465: EZEKIEL 33-39

BrownTown Academy starts tomorrow. I'm starting to second guess myself though. Just not ready and we are doing our ReEngage talk in FW on Weds so not sure starting tomorrow is wisdom. Oy!!! Honestly there is no start that seems great with Costa Rica. Nothing is going to be perfect but maybe after Labor Day makes most sense. Argh!!

Yep going to start next week. Hurray for last minute decisions! I can get the kids on a better schedule, get our chore charts back in effect, and be more prepared for a good start.

My girl got praised by another momma today for seeking out the kiddos who were new at the Dash and befriending them. I've been trying to instill that in her and it's sweet to hear she was doing it without me even being there or knowing about it. The fruit is good. Thankful for the work God is doing in her heart. I pray that God would gently bring her to a place of brokenness and that she would fully and completely understand her desperate need for Jesus and His vast love for her. I pray that for all my kiddos.

Ezekiel 33-39
Love this chapter. It actually fits in well with the sermon today and James. Loved this verse:

Say to them, As I live, declares the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live; turn back, turn back from your evil ways, for why will you die, O house of Israel? (‭Ezekiel‬ ‭33‬:‭11‬ ESV)

A friend had posted an except from a book and in it the author talked about doing a study on Isaiah and after chapter upon chapter of judgement they just skipped to the "good" part in the second half. It bothered me but I couldn't put my finger on why. Honestly I thought it was my legalistic Pharisee coming out in full effect. After reading that verse for whatever reason it hit me why I was upset by the skipping through the hard parts. The judgement is what we deserve. I think we don't like those chapters, myself included, because the reality is our sin is no different from the sin they are being punished for. It's the realization of how gross our sin is in light of a holy and perfect and powerful God that helps point us to our desperate need for a Savior. It's viewing the kind of judgement we deserve in light of God's grace and mercy that makes the redemption all the sweeter.

God takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked! His heart is always to draw us to a relationship with Him and restoration. It's beautiful and we miss out on part of the beauty if we fast forward to the nicer parts of the bible. The hard chapters should weigh heavy on us. There was a huge price that was paid in order to set us free to sin. May I live fully in the fact that my debt was paid in full.

The last few chapters tonight are super intense. I know I'm not getting half of what is truly going on. Makes me want to do an intense study. Soon. Very soon. Thankful for His grace and for His Word!!

D

No comments: