Monday, August 25, 2014

DAY 1466: EZEKIEL 40

I have the song crank it like a chainsaw stuck in my head. If I don't get it out soon I just might go stark raving mad!

Glad we didn't start school today. We did start our bible curriculum today and I must say that day 1 everybody is fired up about it. If everything else fails this year and this one thing sticks I'll consider this year an incredible success. I'm excited about it for myself as much as I am for the kids. Winning.

This afternoon my daughter came clean about hiding two frogs in her room. Where did she get said frogs? She got them from family camp of course! I will say it was hard to not be completely impressed by her ingenuity in the entire frog operation. Not fired up that she hid them BUT I am thankful she came clean. She could have killed them, gotten rid of the evidence and I never would have known. She's actually taken really great care of them. It's given rise to really good discussions and I pray that we continue to handle the situation with wisdom. I asked her to pray and ask that God would give us wisdom on what to do with the frogs based on what would be best for her heart instead of asking God if she could keep them. Again great opportunity for good discussion that will hopefully impact her heart. This story will go down in BrownTown history and I'm confident will be told to grandkids someday.

Gal at ReGen tonight shared tonight about the Battle of Jericho and the walls falling down. The seven days could be years, months, weeks or whatever but to not give up circling the walls. Loved that tonight and had never thought of that story that way. That's where knowing all the stories can get you in trouble. Hard to see new things when you think you already know by heart.

Ezekiel 40-43:
Love the words that describe being face to face with Jesus in chapter 43. Lots of detail in these chapters and measurements which is my favorite. Did find this beaut:

He measured it on the four sides. It had a wall around it, 500 cubits long and 500 cubits broad, to make a separation between the holy and the common. (‭Ezekiel‬ ‭42‬:‭20‬ ESV)

Need to chew on that a bit. Hard to chew though when you are cranking it like a chainsaw.

D

No comments: