Thursday, August 28, 2014

DAY 1469: DANIEL 1-3

Good day. Time spent catching up with a sweet friend. Lots of learning about breeding bugs for our frogs that actually happen to be toads. We needed a new tank set up too since toads don't like the same conditions as frogs.

Interestingly enough I discovered why our frogs that we raised from tadpoles died a couple seasons ago, they were actually toads. Toads will only eat live insects which explains why our fake frogs wouldn't eat their frog food. New discoveries every day. They are actually super fun. This time my girl is old enough to enjoy them just as much as I am. The spring we caught tadpoles I'm pretty sure I was more into it than the kids. Not this time :).

Feel like we are celebrating the Feast of Tabernacles in our home this week. Another night of giggles and shenanigans from the fort. Love how the kiddos have enjoyed being with each other. It's been a glorious week of toads and make shift tents. The only thing I regret about today is only eating one 50 cent corn dog from Sonic!

Daniel 1-3:
I love love love these chapter. So crazy inspiring and such a great vision to cast to my Brownies. It would have been so easy for Daniel and his three buds to go along with all the other Israelites youth chosen to be in Neb's court and eat the fine delicacies of the King. I love how Daniel stood his ground while being respectful and how God honored and blessed his requests. I love that God provided Daniel three friends who were willing to uphold the same standards. This gives me hope that if our culture continues to grow more hostile towards Christ Followers and my brownies posses the same kind of faith as Daniel that He will provide companionship even if it feels like most everybody else has compromised. God is good and He is sweet in His provision.

Love this verse:
Then Daniel replied with prudence and discretion to Arioch, the captain of the king's guard, who had gone out to kill the wise men of Babylon. (‭Daniel‬ ‭2‬:‭14‬ ESV)

People have come to kill Daniel and he responds with prudence and discretion. This is so unlike me but this is who I want to grow to be like. May I wear meekness, gentleness, kindness, self control, prudence and discretion as if they were the finest of attire. Or rather may I wear them as my most cherished baseball cap. 

Then enters the beautiful quality of humility that Daniel possesses so beautifully. He is confident who he is in Christ and yet walks incredibly humbly. 

Daniel answered the king and said, "No wise men, enchanters, magicians, or astrologers can show to the king the mystery that the king has asked, but there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries, and he has made known to King Nebuchadnezzar what will be in the latter days. Your dream and the visions of your head as you lay in bed are these: (‭Daniel‬ ‭2‬:‭27-28‬ ESV)

But as for me, this mystery has been revealed to me, not because of any wisdom that I have more than all the living, but in order that the interpretation may be made known to the king, and that you may know the thoughts of your mind. (‭Daniel‬ ‭2‬:‭30‬ ESV)

Daniel simply doesn't boast of his wisdom.

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego answered and said to the king, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we have no need to answer you in this matter. If this be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of your hand, O king. But if not, be it known to you, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the golden image that you have set up." (‭Daniel‬ ‭3‬:‭16-18‬ ESV)

May Les and I, our children, our grandchildren and great grandchildren possess this kind of loving affection for The Lord and the kind of faith that can move mountains.

These chapters are amazing. May I walk out my days with this kind of inspiring faith.

D

No comments: