Thursday, September 11, 2014

DAY 1483: AMOS 8-9

Thankful for today. Another rough one but we made it. Worn down a bit by the disrespect and disobedience but the oldest two. Oldest boy really pushing boundaries these days. The kid has so much energy it's insane. I don't need a trampoline I need a treadmill to strap that kid to. Think I need to consider soccer for that kid in the spring. Ugh! I'd much rather be free to go camping whenever I want to and have freedom on the weekends. Wonderful lovely boys!

-------

Amos 8-9:
I'm just going to throw this out there but sometimes when I read it's as if God is bipolar. I say that tongue in cheek but it goes from utter destruction to restoration. That's so how it is though. We have to be broken in order to see our desperate need for Christ. There simply is no getting around the pain of brokenness. Out of that devastation comes the beauty of restoration. Such a paradigm shift to pray for your children to be broken. You must die in order that you might live. God's ways surely are not the worlds ways. I seek comfort at every single turn.

These verses are interesting especially after hearing about the heroics of William Tyndale. Want my kids to know these stories. Freedom is bought with a high price. So sad how freedom cheaply we daily sell our freedom.

"The days are coming," declares the Sovereign Lord, "when I will send a famine through the land— not a famine of food or a thirst for water, but a famine of hearing the words of the Lord. People will stagger from sea to sea and wander from north to east, searching for the word of the Lord, but they will not find it. (‭Amos‬ ‭8‬:‭11-12‬ NIV)

D

No comments: