Sunday, September 14, 2014

DAY 1485: jonah

Up way later than I'd like to be up. Lots of things left to do. Wanted tonight and tomorrow to look different but hoping I can lean in and at least make the most of it. Didn't do great this evening being snappy at my sweet hubs. Thankful for his grace.

Fun today watching my kiddos play most of the day with friends they love. Their exhaustion from the fun of the past two days hit hard late afternoon and it was hard to get them moving and lots of meltdowns.

Reminded tonight that life is but a vapor. Plans we made for two of our boys changed last minute and it's been a hustle trying to move pieces around. Thankful the pieces are fitting and for sweet friends willing to jump in and help! I knew God would provide and He did. I do confess my freak out moment at 12am when my Bit was up crying and this whole thing just seemed crazy to me. It feels crazy because I simply do not have control. I can't control whether or not my kids will have a good time while we're gone. I can't control if they miss us like crazy and are super sad. I can't control if they act like wild maniacs or if they will be full of tude and ungrateful. I can't control if my Bit makes my sweet already tired friend even more exhausted. I can't control if it rains the entire time we're in CR. I can't control if my dog dies while we're gone. I can't control if any of us gets hurt or sick or a bad case of the gout. I can't control if I forget twenty really important things.

I'm ready to have this crazy part done and be on a plane with an incredibly strong cup of coffee next to my amazing hubs kid free thanks to wonderful friends. Tminus 28 hours till then.

In all my sleep deprived oh my gosh I'm going to forget a million things fog it truly came to life that our plans our futile unless The Lord allows them to come to fruition. All the planning and striving is truly meaningless apart from Him. Things can change in a blink of an eye. If I could only wrap my head fully around this. Cease striving, remain in me and I in you. Jesus help me remain. Like a dog who returns to it's own vomit I forget every day to cease the striving. You've got this and you love me like crazy!

Jonah 1:
Forget how great these stories can be!

Oh Jonah, trying to flee from God. Stubborn disobedience. I totally get it unfortunately.

Couple things stand out:
- when the storm has hit Jonah is sound asleep. He knows why the storm is raging and yet he doesn't fear. He also doesn't offer up the reason for the crazy storm on his own.

- Jonah knows how to make the storm stop and yet even when the men choose not to throw him overboard at first he won't just toss himself in. It seems as if he would be content going down with the ship and bringing everybody else with him. Not a lot of compassion for his brethren. This is the reason why Jonah ran to begin with.

- the people on the boat trusted in God after the entire ordeal. God used Jonah's disobedience for HIS glory!

-not sure how much Jonah would have called the big fish provision but it was provision none the less.

Now the Lord provided a huge fish to swallow Jonah, and Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights. (‭Jonah‬ ‭1‬:‭17‬ NIV)

Often God's provision doesn't look how I want it to look. I think I need one thing and yet He provides some other ways. Thankful His ways are not like my own.

Zzzzzz,
D

No comments: