Friday, September 19, 2014

DAY 1490: HABAKKUK

In the air above a vast ocean. I've never been more excited about heaven as I am after this trip. The last five days I have seen the glory of God reflected in creation in ways I've never seen before. To think that heaven is even more incredible is mind blowing. How much more amazing was creation before sin entered the world? I can not wait to find out. In the meantime I pray I live out my life faithfully.

This morning gazing out upon "paradise" I couldn't help but wonder what it would be like if our lives looked differently. What if we had the 2.2 kids and both had jobs and more freedom to go on vacations, not at the four seasons, and so on and so forth. Just writing that gets me choked up. I'm so glad God took what I thought I wanted and turned it into something more wonderful than I could have ever imagined.

There is this tree in Costa Rica that's bark is thorny. Birds roost in that tree because monkeys and other critters can't crawl up it and the birds are safe. God's sweet wonderful provision. He cares and takes care of us in so many amazing ways. The thorns on the trees don't seem like provision, in fact they seem like a hinderance or nuisance, yet it's provision. If God cares about providing for the birds of the air how much more does He care for us. God help me to trust you fully. Help me to trust in your daily bread, your daily provision even when it looks like thorns. Thank you for changing my nevers into my realities. Thank you for unplanned pregnancies, failed adoption plans, a baby with whooping cough and all the many ways you have provided for us big and small. Help me to surrender MY PLANS and fully embrace yours. Help me not exhaust myself for nothing but rather abide in you.

A cherished friend has done exactly what I need and has pointed out that I can finally go GF or continue being miserable with allergies and sleep issues. I love how that girl is wired. So unlike me. She didn't just spur me on but also had great ideas on how to tackle the beast which I'm very thankful for. With all that being said as I get together my official GF plan I'm going to try to be as GF as I possibly can. My desire for perfection or rather my non functioning perfectionism keeps me from doing the good I ought to do. Starting somewhere is better than not starting at all. So today begins a different way of life. May I honor and glorify The Lord with my entire life including my body and what I put in it. Thankful as of this afternoon I can say I've been GF.

(Freaking out in the air over how amazing the ocean is. Weepy yet again over how majestic The Lord is. The God who created all of this loves me and pursues me and the knowledge of that is simply more than I can possibly take in.)

Just realized that one year ago we were in the hospital with Lilly still unsure what the future would hold for her. If you would have told me then that Les and I would be on an incredible chance of a lifetime vacation exactly one year later I would not have believed you. Thankful only The Lord can see the entire picture.

Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will take joy in the God of my salvation. (‭Habakkuk‬ ‭3‬:‭17-18‬ ESV)

D

No comments: