Thursday, September 25, 2014

DAY 1496: PSALM 56

I feel like I'm walking in the middle of a nightmare. Our family is in the shadow of the valley of death. I wish I could say I fear no evil but I know my God is with me. There is hope because my God is Sovereign. The same Sovereignty that wrecks me is the Sovereignty that gives me hope. The story is not finished. Light shall break forth from darkness. Righteousness and justice shall prevail. Shades of hope and even joy can be mixed into a heart full of grief and sorrow. This is not the end of the story. He can and He will make all things new. 

I often take comfort in the things I can control as a parent. The things I can put in place to protect my children from danger. Ultimately though I have absolutely no control. I can do all the right things, put all the safety precautions I can into place and the enemy can still creep in even in the places you trust to be some of the safest. The world is full of hurt and pain that is unimaginable. It grieves my heart how sin has affected one of my children tonight. I've been tempted to let bitterness wrap it's tentacles around my heart. In the end the fury and the rage will only rob me of life. Forgiveness brings healing and brings forth life. Though I may still be tempted to let bitterness take root and though I still may struggle to trust the hearts of man I will choose to trust the God who holds all things together in His hands. I will choose to trust that He is Sovereign and that He can and will take this nightmare and turn it into something beautiful.

Ps 56:
Be gracious to me, O God, for man tramples on me; all day long an attacker oppresses me; (‭Psalm‬ ‭56‬:‭1‬ ESV)

Be gracious to us oh God.

D

No comments: