Tuesday, October 07, 2014

DAY 1508: 2 CORINTHIANS 12

Felt bad earlier this week and today for dropping the National Night Out ball once again. I do think it's been God's provision but dang some people make it seem so incredibly easy. With the help of a neighbor we ended up having impromptu NNO anyway. Didn't hit the entire block but it was good and I'm so thankful. Thankful for kids running up and down our street and chatting with neighbors.
------
Weary of our weary this evening. Feel as if people are weary of our weary too. We're a messy and raw bunch right now. I so don't want to get carried and swept away by my emotions and let them rule over me. Right now with everything still very raw and powerful it's hard to not let my emotions rule me or to not completely shut down and be numb. 

My hubs sent me a good article on anger today:

I'm so over being angry. It's exhausting. 

Been chewing on 2 Corinthians 12:8-10 a lot the past couple days.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭12‬:‭9-10‬ ESV)

I think the thing I've been trying to figure out is how Paul learned how to rejoice when everything is falling to pieces? I've got some thoughts but my eyes have grown incredibly heavy.

My heart is very heavy for a sweet family with a very sick girl tonight.

D

No comments: