Saturday, October 11, 2014

DAY 1512: psalm 7

Woke up this morning with the song "Great is Thy Faithfulness" rolling through my head. The words "all I have needed thy hand hath provided" stood out loud and clear to me. At first I rolled over and thought "whatever" like a bratty child. I haven't always liked the provision BUT God has been nothing but faithful in His daily provision. I've seen nothing but an abundance of daily provision the last several weeks. I don't like my circumstances, in fact I hate them but God has been most gracious and faithful in His daily provision.

I am worn out. I'm too tired to be angry and too tired to be filled with sorrow. The fight has once again left me and all I can do is be quiet and still. I don't even have words left to pray. The same three words, help us Jesus, have been muttered over and over again. I'm so tired but even sleep is no longer welcoming. The nights are filled with restlessness, tossing and turning and anxious dreams. How did we get here God?

Overall today was a good day. Very low key. Football, rice Krispy treats and a family game of farkle. Good times.

Ps 7:
Oh, let the evil of the wicked come to an end, and may you establish the righteous— you who test the minds and hearts, O righteous God! My shield is with God, who saves the upright in heart. (‭Psalm‬ ‭7‬:‭9-10‬ ESV)

D

No comments: