Wednesday, October 22, 2014

DAY 1523: LUKE 6

Today wasn't great but today dance parties returned. Singing and dance parties are back and I'm thankful.

Today was our first play therapy appts for one of our kiddos. I'm thankful for the way the play therapist plans on working with my child. The first several sessions will be spent on just building rapport with my kiddo which I think is wise and will be beneficial. I like her so and I knew my kiddo would too . Thankful for that answered prayer. I did see fear in my child's eyes at different moments while we were there and it tore at my heart. I hate that we even have to walk this road but I'm thankful we are finally getting help. In some ways it feels as if part of that burden is being lifted. Broken hearted for the other sweet kiddos there. Jesus bind up the wounds of the broken hearted and please come quickly.

I still have no idea what the future holds but today I'm more willing to sit in that and trust that The Lord will guide our footsteps. He will smooth over the rough places and set our feet on solid ground.

Luke 6:
Good ole convicting sermon on the mount. Need to jump back on that! I still have two months to get it down. Hah! Maybe if I got one chapter in I could call it a victory!

Chewing on this verse in particular tonight:
Give to everyone who begs from you, and from one who takes away your goods do not demand them back. (‭Luke‬ ‭6‬:‭30‬ ESV)

Do we give to panhandlers? I try to give food but rarely money unless God clearly says to give which has happened once. I've heard even giving food can enable them. I'm greatly confused at times. If I think about Jesus though I think he'd break bread with the panhandlers. I can't do that as a mom with six kids around as it wouldn't be practical and possibly unwise but what is the loving thing? Chewing.

D

No comments: