Thursday, October 30, 2014

DAY 1531: LUKE 13

Still dreaming of Montana or living somewhere with seasons and mountains to gaze upon everyday. Now that some normalcy is returning my post Costa Rica, why the heck are we living here has returned with a vengeance. Life is too short to live somewhere so ugly. This city chokes the life right out of you.

I've been a stinkpot this week. Poor kids have had tired and grumpy mom. I read an article about just no longer yelling at your kids. Just stop. As if it's that easy. I would love to just stop being concerned about the wrong things. I wish encouragement was first and foremost on my tongue in regards to my kids instead of pointing out their failures. I wish I could just start and just stop the other. Today I was frustrated at God for my behavior. That's just how awesome I've been this week. I want things to be easy. I want patience to be easy. I want navigating life on not enough sleep to be easy. My idols of ease and comfort have surely been a stumbling block this week. Thank you God for Jesus.

Luke 13:
God's Word is overwhelming. It's so good for the soul. Longing for an extended time to sit in solitude. Part of me doesn't want that time because I'd much rather be independent and aloof. I'm to thank for my children's stubborn streak because I'm as stubborn as they come.

Loved this parable tonight.

The Parable of the Fig Tree:
Then Jesus told this story: "A man planted a fig tree in his garden and came again and again to see if there was any fruit on it, but he was always disappointed. Finally, he said to his gardener, 'I've waited three years, and there hasn't been a single fig! Cut it down. It's just taking up space in the garden.' "The gardener answered, 'Sir, give it one more chance. Leave it another year, and I'll give it special attention and plenty of fertilizer. If we get figs next year, fine. If not, then you can cut it down.'" (‭Luke‬ ‭13‬:‭6-9‬ NLT)

So thankful for His mercy and grace.

Pray for us as we figure out how to navigate one child's stubborn willfulness and another's constant stomach pains.

D

No comments: