Friday, November 21, 2014

DAY 1553: ACTS 9

Super de duper tired. Scratchy coldish allergy funk is wearing me out! I'm a big fat baby!!

Good times with my oldest boy. Thankful for two solid dates with him. He was a fun nut swimming in a cold pond living it up tonight. Love his intensity and passion. I pray I slow down with him and truly try to understand. We are so different and at times I shut him down without trying to understand where he is coming from. He's a great kid with so many great qualities. I need to take more time to study his language so I can love him well. 

Two events up at church today. They were fun but it's still hard to be on that campus now. What once felt like home and a safe place now feels incredibly tainted. Jesus will have to do a mighty work of redemption. Good thing He's in the business of restoration. 

Acts 9:
Saul's conversion story is amazing. Tonight I'm reminded that even when you obey it doesn't always appear to go well with you.

But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel. For I will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of my name." (‭Acts‬ ‭9‬:‭15-16‬ ESV)

Suffering is very much apart of life with Jesus.

D

No comments: