Monday, November 24, 2014

DAY 1556: ACTS 12

Achy and nauseous this evening and still battling fatigue. Hate when a stupid insignificant cold takes me out like this. GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! Obviously this stubborn stinkpot still has a ton to learn about handling things in life gracefully.

Not helping my situation is withdrawal from my drug of choice, sugar. Considering giving up sugar for Advent. It's definitely become my BFF the past several months and my constant companion when dealing with stress. Definitely a socially acceptable idol. Not good.

So many other things to write about but will have to wait till another night when my brain will cooperate. Today I did take time to see how mightily God has shown up the past several months. There is still much pain and grief but there's hope and there's rejoicing over what He has already done. He has already performed miracles. He is mighty to save and I must remember that on days I loose heart and begin to sink in the bog of fear.

Great verse of the day which captures how I'm feeling tonight:
Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever! (‭1 Chronicles‬ ‭16‬:‭34‬ ESV)

Acts 12:
Herod puts James to death by the sword and puts Peter in prison during Passover. The timing of this is interesting. The church prays fervently and Peter is led out of prison by an angel. The centurions who stood guard were put to death. The first thought in my head is how unfair that seems. Yet God is Sovereign and He knew exactly who would keep guard of Peter and that he would be set free by an angel.

Herod grows too big for his britches and The Lord strikes him down and he is killed by worms. So gross. The church holds firm and Paul and Barnabas return from their mission.

Crazy exciting times for the church.

D

No comments: