Tuesday, November 25, 2014

DAY 1557: ACTS 13

I'm a total turkey. Took legal speed to try to dry up some of my fountains of snot and it worked. I also grew horns. I gave up trying to nap years ago realizing I'd always get angry as my minions foiled my plans. I must have forgotten and the past two days I've snarled at my offspring as they ruined my nap. I've been so self focused and self pity party oriented this week and I'm a total grumpy pants. Today as I drove to air out my wild things at a park with friends I realized why. I am the most self reliant stinkpot in the world. I want to kick butt not drag butt and I'm frustrated by it. I want to push through and not feel like I'm dragging my knuckles on the ground over the smallest tasks. Throw in the rice and beans and the grossest and foulest of things is being squeezed out of my heart. As grumpy as I am I'm so thankful. Thankful to see the condition of my heart for what it truly is. The past several months has just been a great snapshot of the condition of my heart. There has been victory but the dark places have been exposed as well. So there is work to do and I'm thankful I'm not in charge of the demolition and remodeling that is going to need to be done in my heart. God is so faithful to finish the good work He started over a decade ago. The death of self is painful and I'm rather dramatic about it.

1. Thankful God is faithful.

2. Thankful for a beautiful afternoon with friends although I was out of it and grumpy.

3. Thankful for dates on the calendar that involve a certain friend from China.

4. Thankful for Jesus. I'm so incredibly desperate for Him.

5. Thankful for rice and beans week colliding with the funk. It's given me yet another look in the mirror.

6. Thankful for my hubs who is patient and kind and giving and caring to his grumpy troll bride.

7. Thankful for the six loudest children in Texas.

8. Thankful for two solid school days in a row. Fingers crossed for a third.

9. Thankful for this bed that I want to completely melt into.

10. Thankful it's only one more day till a glorious long weekend.

Acts 13:
The Holy Spirit is everywhere in this chapter.

While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, "Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them." Then after fasting and praying they laid their hands on them and sent them off. (‭Acts‬ ‭13‬:‭2-3‬ ESV)

How awesome to have your "mission" confirmed by the Holy Spirit through others. Which this begs the question "do I listen to what others tell me closely enough"? Thankful for the community of believers The Lord has placed in my life. This truly is a gift and I take it for granted often.

Might stay in this chapter for awhile. Lots of action. Lots to chew on.

D

No comments: