Wednesday, November 26, 2014

DAY 1558: Psalms 9

Good low key day. Not as productive as I would have liked but that's everyday around here. Feeling better and I'm incredibly thankful for that. In home date night and small frays protesting so going to make this snappy.

1. Thankful for God's majesty that is expressed in the beauty of His creation.

2. Thankful for a long weekend with my family!

3. Thankful for heart strings that are attached with one of my kiddos in particular. 

4. Thankful for one on one snuggles with each of my boys, the two oldest in particular. They squeak the least in that regard. 

5. Thankful that my oldest finally caught on to the point of rice and beans and I got to hear their hearts ooze with compassion for those who go hungry every single day.

6. Thankful for how good that same reminder has been for my own entitled heart. I'm thankful most often my Brownies go to bed with full tummies.

7. Thankful that God bestows His goodness on His children even though we don't often deserve it. 

8. Thankful for the ways God has bridges the gap between what I know intellectually about God to what I know to be true about God. He's been faithful to rewrite the lies that I believe. I know there is still yet more to rewrite and change but He is ever faithful to do so.

9. Thankful that we have access to healthcare and for the way my husband's employer provides so generously for our family.

10. Thankful for God's grace in our lives. The difficult and stressful times have a way of causing a heart to rejoice over simple days I might have otherwise taken for granted. 

Psalms 9:
I believe this is one of the first Psalms I read as our world was flipped upside down.

Be gracious to me, O Lord! See my affliction from those who hate me, O you who lift me up from the gates of death, (‭Psalm‬ ‭9‬:‭13‬ ESV)

Be gracious to me O Lord is what I would pray when I didn't have any other words to pray. The Lord has indeed been gracious to us in the midst of the storm. He held up our heads and gave us hope when we were sinking in the mud and in the mire. He has performed miracles I never thought would be possible. 

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. (‭Proverbs‬ ‭3‬:‭5-6‬ ESV)

This verse has come alive the past several months. There are many things I have not understood and yet if I had relied on my own understanding I would have missed out on a miracle. God has been so gracious to us and has lit the path before us. We are still on the journey and there are still unanswered questions but hope has been renewed and I know with full confidence that He will continue to light our path. I do need to take some extended time away and reflect and write out all that He has done.

I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds. (‭Psalm‬ ‭9‬:‭1‬ ESV)

May I never take what you have done for granted Lord. May I recount everything you have done!

D

No comments: