Friday, November 28, 2014

DAY 1560: ACTS 15

Not the fun magical put up the Christmas tree and drink hot chocolate kinda day which I always envision. Eh. We needed to deal with the room that had become the land of the lost after we switched the boys room so we could move out a piece of furniture in the living room SO we have room for a tree. Longest sentence ever! Obviously grammar isn't my thing. So not a fun magical restful inspiring day but one of those much needed days. We've had more of those much needed days lately and if I'm realistic we should probably add even more of those in. What's the fun in that though? Harder to put off work when a big family in a not so big space. Things that pile up have more impact these days. Boo to having to be responsible!

Have a bad attitude about loosing our Christmas vacation due to opening a new campus at church. Hate that I feel entitled rather than grateful for the years we have been blessed with time off around Christmas. I think my frustration lies around the craziness that leads up to Christmas and not being together much on Christmas Eve. In my head I'm okay with it because we have that time together as a family afterwards. Now there's nothing but crazy and I'll admit I feel bitter about it. There's only so many Christmas's with this entire crew here and I feel like we are being robbed of one this year. I have a choice to make though. I can be a big fat bitter baby or I can choose to give thanks in every circumstance and make the most of it. God help me make the most of it because apart from you I just want to be a big fat bitter baby.

Obviously I'm a grumpalumpa. Need some tank filling family fun!

Great verse for a refocus!!!

But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. (‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15‬:‭57‬ ESV)

God create in me a heart of thanksgiving. I'm not sleeping well and I'm grumpy but thanks be to Jesus I am forgiven and set free. Help me to live that way with your help!

Acts 15:
The circumcision party causes the newly converted Gentiles grieve. The apostles meet with the Elders and Paul and Barnabas share about all they have witnessed on their trips. The council concludes to not split hairs over circumcision but to rather steer them in the direction of righteousness which would reject some of the common practices of idolatry and sexual immorality. They send Paul, Barnabas, Silas and judas with a letter explaining everything and the Gentiles were greatly encouraged.

Reminded of the importance of hearing God's story through the testimony of others. May we spur each other on by love and good deeds telling of all that The Lord has done!

D

No comments: