Tuesday, December 09, 2014

DAY 1571: Advent

I'm a grumpy foul beast and I'm pretty confident I should be put in timeout for days. Felt crazy overwhelmed today. Things are always "overwhelming" but nothing is extra special right now. I think that it's possible that the stress of the past several months have finally caught up with me and it's rendered me useless which in turn makes me feel crazy overwhelmed. I really just want to hibernate like a little fat troll for the winter. I also think it's possible my current emotional state could also just be hormonal. I could feel the "on edge" feeling surging through my veins this afternoon and upon reflecting on my lot in life I realized I'm probably just suffering from out of control hormones. I'm sure the death vomit I came home to from my dog didn't help. I've seen foul and horrible things but this sure did take the cake. What's funny about that is later the kids discovered that the pool of puke was not in fact a death puke but rather puke caused by eating my daughters birthday cake. He took the cake and we all lost.

Breaking out of my grump for just a moment a realize I have much to be thankful for. I have a sweet sick hubs who tried to serve my grumpy butt despite feeling gross tonight. I had a fun adventure today with my oldest and another fun crew. Thankful for the hands that watched my littles and hosted a birthday party so I could go do a big kid thing. The play we saw was great too. Good for my own Scrooge heart. Too bad it didn't last very long. The weather was beautiful today.

My poor Lil Bit is definitely a fevery mess tonight. Poor sweet girl think she got hit with two bugs at once. Better wrap this up and hit the hay. Could be a long night.

Acts 20:
So much in the last chunk of Acts 20. Tonight dwelling on this verse:

serving the Lord with all humility and with tears and with trials that happened to me through the plots of the Jews; (‭Acts‬ ‭20‬:‭19‬ ESV)

Paul was obedient despite the hardship that was caused by his obedience. Need this to sink deep and penetrate the very depths of my hearts. In this life we will have trouble. It's learning how to rejoice in The Lord always despite circumstances!

Needed this for my grumpy buns tonight.

D

No comments: