Thursday, December 11, 2014

DAY 1573: Advent

I feel like I got run over by a reindeer. So achy. I need a wet nurse for my baby. Wish I could just pass out but feel too horrible. Think I'll lay here and moan instead. Poor hubs has had to take care of the cranky sick while dealing with the wild things that aren't sick. Don't know what I would do without that man.

Advent reading.

Very much aware of my desperate need for the hope of Christmas this year. The hope of the Messiah who can bring beauty from ashes and order from chaos. My heart longs for the celebration of the lowly and humble King of Kings born into the most unexpected of circumstances. It's in the unexpected that He meets us here on this broken earth and offers us salvation. Lord help me to prepare my heart for the Baby King whose hope I cling to desperately.

D

No comments: