Tuesday, December 16, 2014

DAY 1578: Advent

Two sweet friends dropped off love today. Obviously my love language is food. Who knew! One sweet friend who I don't see nearly enough dropped off her famous cookies. They are so good that I'm pretty sure I'm not going to share any of them with my children and I won't tell anyone how many I've already eaten. Another sweet friend dropped off delicious dinner which was such a blessing! I ate dinner twice tonight. Life is good.

Thankful to see a sweet friend from China!!! Oh how I've missed her. Tonight barely scratched the itch though and I long for heart felt conversations on a comfy couch. Maybe a slumber party is in order while she is in town.

I think it's safe to say that I most definitely have the funk, the heart kind. I feel lost and directionless. Yet I know my God is with me in the lonely sad quiet places. I know there is purpose for this season. God has been ever so gracious during this season. God is so good even when the days do not feel that way.

Titus 1 and Advent.

D

No comments: