Thursday, December 18, 2014

DAY 1580: Advent

Fun start to the day as friends dropped off fun treats. I realized just how long it's been since my kids have seen other humans when they started salivating all over their friends. The children were lucky today as I broke all of us out of the dungeon of isolation today. Dr appt, foraging for pizza, Braum's bribery and Satan's Village. Hopefully we didn't infect half of the northern hemisphere. 

A sweet friend went out on a limb and confessed that even though she didn't know details she put pieces together and knows what we have been struggling with lately. Thankful for her courage to just say it. Thankful for the prayers of His saints and for the tears shed with us. 

It is most definitely a season of winter. It's gray and bleak and days seem to stack upon maddening endless days. Yet I know Spring is coming. One day I'll wake up and a hint of warmth will once again be in the air and green and life will once again burst forth. Oh the hope of Spring is stronger than it's ever been before. The pruning that has occurred will result in growth that is much fuller. Lord may I rejoice greatly in suffering. As I write that I want to insert a disclaimer of sorts. I want to learn how to rejoice in suffering but please don't make we suffer this way or that way. In all that is please don't let my kids suffer. Lord pour me out as a drink offering before your throne but please don't let that suffering affect my children. 

Suffering has already affected children and it will continue to do so till the day they breath their last breath. Instead of praying that they would be spared I should be praying that we would show them how to live out suffering while rejoicing. It starts with walking through all the minor inconveniences in life with a joyful heart. This is like a spear right through my soul. I am a comfort junkie and inconveniences are like kryptonite to comfort. Not good. Need to dwell upon ways to eradicated the Comfort Creature who dwells within me. 

Fading fast now. 

Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. (‭1 John‬ ‭3‬:‭8‬ ESV)

Thank you Jesus!

D

No comments: