Sunday, December 21, 2014

DAY 1583: Advent

Sweet night hanging with my Chinese friend and others. Sweet getting time tonight with my first friend in Dallas. I'm always reminded of God's gracious provision when hanging around this family. Meeting Courtney is definitely a memorial stone for me. God has been so gracious to provide so many amazing friendships for us here. Thankful for the roots that go down deep here. If my Missoula dream ever comes to fruition Dallas will be easy to leave but the people will not be.

Three little Brownies sawing logs on my bed. Thankful for these sweet ones.

1 Peter 2 & Advent:
1 peter might just move up into the ranks of favorite books. Every single verse is heavy and weighty and encouraging.

So put away all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander. (‭1 Peter‬ ‭2‬:‭1‬ ESV)

This is so much easier said than done. Put away ALL malice, ALL deceit, hypocrisy, envy and ALL slander. When I look at this list I have distain towards it. It's gross and I want to deprecate myself from it and not be associated with it. I want to pat myself of the back and congratulate myself for abstaining from such sin. Yet this isn't reality. It's deceitful. I am this list. I've done every single one of these things and very possibly all of them in the past 24 hours. Without Jesus, without Christmas I am nothing but a morally bankrupt scumbag. But because of Jesus I am part of a royal priesthood. As I write that, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever in the eyes of this world. This is one of the many things I love about God is that He takes the ways of this world and flips it upside down.

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. (‭1 Peter‬ ‭2‬:‭9‬ ESV)

Thank you for plucking me out of the darkness and drawing me into your marvelous light.

D

No comments: