Thursday, December 25, 2014

DAY 1587: Advent

Thankful for the birth of Jesus and for the gift of today. Sweet day together as a family and fun times with friends tonight. Feeling very blessed tonight.

Despite not putting forth a stellar Christmas effort several minions said it was the best Christmas ever! I think I hear that almost every year and that makes my heart happy. Thankful we aren't trying to out do the year before every year and the kids are content to every year being a bit different but with the same rhythms.

Last night my hubs told me he was asked about why I was asked to leave the service yesterday by another person on staff. He and his family had sat behind us and they didn't understand why I was asked to leave and they were upset about it. Those words meant a lot. I guess there's part of me that wonders if I'm crazy making for myself. I told the usher it was going to be a bigger disruption to leave the service than to stay. I was spot on as Bunny started screaming as we left which got the baby started. I can't help but think that there is a reason for all of this and it's much bigger than me. Until things are crystal clear I'll keep walking forward the best that I can. God's hand is on all of this and all I can do is wrap my heart around the truth that God is Sovereign. There's much peace in knowing that.

because of the tender mercy of our God, whereby the sunrise shall visit us from on high to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace." (‭Luke‬ ‭1‬:‭78-79‬ ESV)

Beautiful. Thankful He guides our feet into the way of peace!

D

No comments: