Monday, December 29, 2014

DAY 1591: 2 Peter 2

Lots and lots of churn today over various things. Heart grieved for the loss of a sweet family we love today. I don't know what it's like to loose a precious life of a baby at 7 weeks, 8 weeks, 14 weeks, 28 weeks, or a few days past your due date but I have a bigger understanding than I used to. For that I am thankful that God has been able to turn my sorrow over Baby Costa Rica into more understanding. I now have the ability to mourn more with those who mourn. Every life is such a precious gift and every single day matters. 

Today I was so thankful that we told our kids about Baby CR. My hubs and I got to witness their compassion for others as we prayed for those we love. My oldest even mentioned what I did above. She said she saw how God was using our lose to potentially help those who are hurting now. So thankful she is able to see that. These are the lessons I want my children to learn from hardship and grief. God uses every bit of our heartache and pain and can turn it into something beautiful. It doesn't take away from the sorrow and the loss but it gives the pain of this life purpose. I'm praying for this extra hard for my precious boy. 

Although sorrow was mingled into tonight I'm thankful for time with another dear family tonight. We dreamed of life with land and owing our own businesses and four seasons and mountain air. It's fun to dream. We also all got smoked by my hubster in Settlers tonight. We all get lucky sometimes. :) Love the playful man I married! Love that I get to walk the joyful, the sorrowful, the treacherous and adventurous path of life with him. I take him for granted every single day but I'm so crazy grateful for him! 

2 P 2:
This is the verse of the day:
fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (‭Isaiah‬ ‭41‬:‭10‬ ESV)

God make this be so for my precious friend. I simply can't stand the brokenness of this world sometimes. Hold their hearts in your hands Lord and be their merciful comforter. 

This chapter is hardcore. It's about those who are false teacher and prophets and the arrogant who have hardened their hearts against The Lord. They are all destined for wrath and judgement. I'm reminded so much of the false teaching and heresy that has crept into the Christian church. The staunch stiff necked atheists. God change hearts. As my son wept over the loss who will suffer for eternity yesterday, more specifically for satan, eternity is well for eternity. The sorrows and pleasures we will experience here on earth or fleeting.

D



No comments: