Wednesday, December 31, 2014

DAY 1592:

1. Thankful for extended time with a cherished friend today. Her friendship is a gift and time with her today was a blessing.

2. Afternoon of running around has me exhausted but ended the year with a bang at Chuy's! Thankful for gift cards!!

3. Churning on goals for next year. Trying to be more realistic so I can actually accomplish some of my goals. I don't want to make "resolutions" that are merely chains of shame and guilt but I do want to be thoughtful and think of things I can be vigilant about so that I can become more of who God created me to be. I do want to look back next year and see I've gone up and to the right.

4. Off to bring in the new year with family shenanigans.

5. Thankful to be almost done with 2014. It's been a heck of a year. Hopeful for what 2015 will bring.

P 31:
Interesting this proverb starts off with talking about not taking strong drink. Thankful I will wake up tomorrow sober. There were many years that was not the case.

These are verses to reflect on as I think about next year:

She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. (‭Proverbs‬ ‭31‬:‭26-27‬ ESV)

Happy New Years!

D

No comments: