Friday, January 02, 2015

DAY 1594:GENESIS 3-5

Kids have cabin fever and I think they are suffering from trampoline withdrawals. My husband set our Christmas tree on fire tonight. Pretty sure that means moving to the country is a must someday. The man needs to be free to burn whatever he desires without fear of setting his neighbors house on fire or being turned in. Plus I really want a pot bellied pig. This weather is turning me into a reclusive troll. I think I should look into seasonal troll disorder.

Going to go back through my goals and rewrite them in such a way that winning is obtainable. The dreamer in me wants to kick butt and take names, the non functioning perfectionist doesn't even want to try and the troll in me is too lazy to even start. There you have it. Maybe I'll catch a unicorn this week and we can fly over a rainbow together.

Hmm... Thinking I'm still on the sleep deprived side of life or even reclusive trolls can get cabin fever. Want to get out of bed to read from my physical bible but I think inner troll is going to win. Laying in bed under a pile of blankets is kinda awesome.

Gen 3-5:
Of all the things to consider this is my thought tonight. Did Adam and Eve have sex prior to the Fall? I had just always assumed so. There's not another passage prior to this one about Adam and Eve knowing each other. That by the way is a beautiful representation of sex between a husband and wife.

Now Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain, saying, "I have gotten a man with the help of the Lord." (‭Genesis‬ ‭4‬:‭1‬ ESV)

The other thing that makes me wonder is that before the fall wouldn't Adam and Eve have conceived kids like crazy? It doesn't matter in the long run I guess but I'm curious.

So in these chapters the Fall happens and immediately sin reeks havoc on Adam's family. It does not take long for man to get off on a horrible trajectory. Seven descendants after Adam and God is sorry he ever created man. Sad.

What about that Enoch though. It is interesting that it was after he had his son that Enoch began to walk with God.

After he became the father of Methuselah, Enoch walked faithfully with God 300 years and had other sons and daughters. (‭Genesis‬ ‭5‬:‭22‬ NIV)

Children change everything.

So much about satan and his slight twisting of the truth as well as eve's slight misrepresentation if the rules but this troll is tired.

D

No comments: