Wednesday, January 14, 2015

DAY 1605: GENESIS 37-39

The gianormous piece of cake I decided to eat was a bad idea. Why is hindsight always 20/20? Coop lesson plans due today. Once a procrastinator always a procrastinator. They aren't perfect but the reality is I'm never going to be the Martha Stewart of coop. I am excited to be able to hang out with some knucklehead 6th thru 12th graders on a regular basis. Made me miss my youth group days. Oh how things have changed since then. Oh how I've changed since then. The Bit has a yucky cough :(. 

Longest school day ever. We have a lot of catching up to do since this school year hasn't gone the way I had hoped. Need wisdom on what to hold onto and what to let go of during this new season. I definitely hear the call to rest and to get well but no clue what that looks like. Part of me just wants to plow through like crazy and make up for the ground that has been lost especially knowing that the start of next could be a slow one with a new little brownie. Give me eyes for eternal things Lord. Help me, help us to choose wisely. 

Gen 37-39:
God's chosen people are crazy dysfunctional. Oh how He loves all of His hot messes. It is interesting that to some God chooses to bestow His abundant grace and to others the consequences are swift and severe. The Lord knows the heart. That is so very comforting and terrifying all at once.

Joseph is a prideful young chap with the world at his finger tips who suddenly has to walk a very confusing and painful road. He remains true to The Lord during the times of favor and during the times of hardship. I'm sure at times even Joseph wondered why even while trusting that God is good. God saw the whole picture and knew that Joseph's hardships were not only going to prepare him for the future but also put him at the right place at the right time.

Holding fast to this verse tonight.

But the Lord was with Joseph and showed him steadfast love and gave him favor in the sight of the keeper of the prison. (‭Genesis‬ ‭39‬:‭21‬ ESV)

The Lord has been ever so gracious to us in the midst of the chaos and has shown us His steadfast love. I know He has a plan for us and even though I have no idea why the heck things have happened the way that they have I rest assured that He knows all. His hand is upon us and He is leading and guiding us along the way.

D

No comments: