Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Ecclesiastes Moment

Struggling as I'm sitting in an Ecclesiastes moment. It all seems meaningless. It rains upon the wicked and righteous alike. Common grace bestows the righteous and the wicked alike. We enjoy temporary moments of fleeting pleasure and suffer through hardships of life. We live and we die. Bleh.

I know the goodness of the Lord but I'm in desperate need of a shift of perspective. Everywhere I look I see people bleeding out. Or people on the merry go round chasing after nothing but the wind. So we toil here on earth but why? It doesn't matter if we do or if we don't. It's the Lord who guides our steps regardless. I should find great comfort in this but today I find nothing but a wasteland of apathy. Toil. Toil. Toil and then we die.

Obviously I need more sleep and extended time with the lover of my soul.

Psalm 7:
This is a bold prayer. May I one day be brave enough to pray it.

"ADONAI my God, if I have caused this, if there is guilt on my hands, if I paid back evil to him who was at peace with me, when I even spared those who opposed me without cause; then let the enemy pursue me until he overtakes me and tramples my life down into the earth; yes, let him lay my honor in the dust. (Selah)"
‭‭Tehillim (Psa)‬ ‭7:4-6‬ ‭CJB‬‬

D




Sent from my iPhone

No comments: