Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Living In The Tension

At my sink altar this morning and wrecked thinking about a family I don't even know who will say goodbye to their toddler sometime this week. I can't imagine what it would be like to walk through that kind of hell. I struggle enough to hold my hands open as I watch my boy struggle with rage. I can't take it away and I can't fight it for him. He too will have to reconcile one day that God is good even though He allows trials in our lives that absolutely crush us. Though He absolutely destroys us He is good and I choose to follow. You simply can't ignore this tension when following Christ.

--------
Thankful to learn there is still hope for the precious boy with cancer. Praise God for amazingly smart scientists who have discovered ways to help fight the beast. Thankful for hope.

Incredibly run down from the lingering crud. Could not shake a sinus headache today and now a nagging cough is making me crazy. But thankful to be in bed at 8:30 and now watching documentaries with my bigs. God's creation is pretty spectacular.

Psalm 14:
"All have turned away, all have become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one."
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭14:3‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Being in reality of my depravity makes my heart sing with joy over how much I'm loved in spite of it.

D


Sent from my iPhone


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: