Monday, September 19, 2016

The Lord Sustains Me

Dwelling on this verse a lot the last couple of days.

"I lie down and sleep, then wake up again, because ADONAI sustains me."
‭‭Tehillim (Psa)‬ ‭3:6‬ ‭CJB‬‬

Much thankfulness wells up from me as I think upon all the ways the Lord has sustained me and my family over the years. The seasons have not always been easy and yet the Lord has been there to sustain us through the good and through the bad. Just thinking through all the ways the Lord has sustained the lives of my kids over the years makes my breath catch in my chest. Just about everyone of my children have been rescued from deaths grip simply because the Lord chose to sustain them. It truly is the Lord who chooses whether or not any of us will breathe our next breath. I know this but don't often dwell on it. Dwelling on it casts a new perspective on so many things. 

Spent the day off and on the couch. Feeling better than yesterday but still so wiped. Not as crazy sick today. Thankful for that. Will probably need to drink a six pack of red bull tomorrow to make it through. 

Psalm 5:
"But I can enter your house because of your great grace and love; I will bow down toward your holy temple in reverence for you."
‭‭Tehillim (Psa)‬ ‭5:8‬ ‭CJB‬‬

D

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: