Saturday, October 22, 2016

BAH HUMBUG!

I'm getting Devil cold again. I felt it coming on at the fair and now it's worked it's way into the nooks and crannies of my chest cavity. I really just want to scream and then cry buckets. Seriously hate when I feel like raging again the sky over stupid temporary crap like this but it's been one thing after another and I'm just weary. My body is weary. I feel stupid writing such crap when I know there are people battling so much more. I do feel like it's easier to trust the Lord in the difficult trials in life. It's these obnoxious annoyances that always tank me because I feel like I should be able to kick butt and take names or if not that than at least rise above with a smashingly good attitude. Instead my inner BAH HUMBUG is screaming and can't get a grip.

1. Thankful that the Lord loves his angry elf of a child. As much as I want to be better for Him I simply can't muster it out of my own strength and I know He loves me regardless.

2. I'm thankful for a big boy who has been such a great helper. He hasn't complained about the many tasks he been asked to do.

3. Thankful for gracious kids who have rolled with the tv and been okay to just be zombies while everyone gets better and I take of the needier Brownies.

4. Thankful my bigs survived yet another storm. Her poor anxiety was so high this week. Praying the Lord uses this for good in her life and that she remembers that she can be an over comer. Even if that's not the goal for her I pray that she will remember that the Lord was in those scary places with her.

5. Thankful it's a messed up dishwasher and not the washer and dryer. As obnoxious as the dishwasher feels it could have been much much worse.

6. Thankful for a healthy and wild three year old who is causing havoc throughout the land. That little girl is such a joy.

7. Thankful for good health. There's so many horrible things we could be navigating. Throw up from a puke bug is much better than throw up from chemo. Grateful my babies are well and that so are we.

8. Thankful for my roly poly Mudgey Boy. Thankful for his cookie dough thighs and that his cries to nurse are not caused by deep hunger pains. I'll forever remember that their are many Mommas who are starving whose milk does not deliver the same kind of nutrition. Even as I feel like a drying up prune, my boy is still getting something.

9. Thankful the baby just let me set him down without loosing his mind. He's better and I'm so thankful.

10. Thankful for just how powerful gratitude truly is. I now feel like I can face my day and rather than be defeated before my feet hit the floor I can be more like a conqueror even though sick and weary.

11. Give thanks to the Lord for He is good. His love, mercy and kindness never fails those who love the Lord. He is the lifter of weary heads and the provider of encouragement and manna from heaven. Give thanks to the Lord for He is good. His love endures forever!

Psalms 113:
"Praise the Lord. Praise the Lord, you his servants; praise the name of the Lord."
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭113:1‬ ‭NIV‬‬

The Lord is indeed mighty and powerful! Why is He so good to His people? I don't know but I'm so thankful.

D

Sent from my iPhon


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: