Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Hello Virginia!

Fun tonight checking out property in Tennessee and Virginia. I'm pretty sold on Virginia right now but still wouldn't be upset if my "Let's Move to Missoula" song came true either. I do feel like Virginia would be a wonderful spot for homeschooling and offer four glorious and wonderful seasons. Hurray for seasons!! Hurray even more for no Dallergies!!! Really right now anywhere with no Dalllergies sounds pretty darn amazing. I'm so allergic to this city.

Today was an uphill battle but I fought a valiant fight despite my body not cooperating. We got another full day of school in. The ADD was in full effect today. At least they are my little minions with ADD, I couldn't imagine a full classroom with ADD kids mixed in. There's no way you can really tailor education for them. I just have a handful of students and it's challenging to find out what makes my kids tick and I'm with them ALL THE TIME. Realizing more and more that the Lord was incredibly gracious to lead our family to teach at home. I think many of my kids would have been crushed by a one size fits all education. There's nothing one size fits all about any of them!! The greatest thing that happened today was my kid telling me a story about his new friend who is really smart and he threw in "just like me". He's really smart just like me might not mean much to some but coming from this kid just about broke me. It makes all the crazy days and hard days and slugging it out days so incredibly worth it. There's a fair amount of fun days and awesome days thrown in the midst of it all but those aren't the days that make me question whether I'm crazy or not. The blood, sweat and tears are worth it and on the days that my view is too myopic I know years down the road it will have been worth every single crappy day. Cultivating little minds and hearts is no joke.

Psalm 105:
This is a really sweet Psalm of praise. Starts off rejoicing over the greatness of the Lord then recounts all the Lord has done for Israel. Makes me want to sit down and write my own Psalm like this recounting all the wonders the Lord has done in my life.

"Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts."
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭105:2‬ ‭NIV‬‬

D

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: