Monday, October 24, 2016

Pumpkin Bread

1. My two bigs made pumpkin bread at coop today and I can't help but think about little Lukey who used to call everyone pumpkin bread after Abbie brought some home from "preschool" one year.

2. Spend the day sans littles today. I must say life is "easier" or at least less physically taxing without small frys. Despite the physical energy drain of littles I wouldn't trade extending this stage of life for anything. The day will come when our last little reaches the magical age of 4 to 5ish and it will be beautiful. Les and I will probably not even realized we reached that milestone until it simply smacks us in the face one day. We will congratulate each other and mourn how fast the passing of time goes yet relish in all the Lord has blessed us with. It's a beautiful season. It's an exhausting season. It's a season that passes much more quickly than a parent could ever expect. It's a season you can't hold onto forever no matter how hard you might try. So very thankful for my bigs who will very shortly will propel all of us to hit new seasons and milestones and for the little hands and faces I still get to hold and kiss. Crazy crazy blessed.

3. Played Bingo for prizes in my younger games classes today. A sweet new boy adopted from the Philippians was there. Oh how precious that sweet boy is. So we're playing bingo and he's trying to win like all the other kids. Might seem silly to some but he almost won several times and I kept praying the last number he needed would be called. I was practically begging God for a win for this kid. It never happened BUT something better did. Another kid had a lucky streak and had already won twice. This kid calls bingo a third time and in my head I was thinking shoot because I wanted the other kid to win and he was SO close!!! Well the big winner grabs the prize box and brings it over to the new student and my heart melted into a million pieces. A love offering and encouragement to a precious boy who is probably so thankful to be adopted but who is also grieving the loss of the Philippians and everything he has known for eight years. Love how the Lord hears our prayers and answers in ways that are so much better than we could have ever possibly imagined.

Psalms 115:
"Not to us, Lord, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness."
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭115:1‬ ‭NIV‬‬

This psalm could not have been more perfect for today.

D


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: