Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Well That Was Awesome

So the Rotavirus Plague of 2016 is mostly over. The littles are still recovering but the rate of exploding diapers a day is slowly decreasing. I was silently celebrating the victory with fresh clean sheets. Moments later a child threw up on those fresh clean sheets. Fear not, it was not from yet another bug but rather from trying to figure out if they could swallow their own fist. Yeah that was kinda awesome.

So I finally watched the much hailed "sermon of the year" about the upcoming election. Yeah, meh. I get his points but I just disagree with his conclusion. I'm voting for the same things I'm just not choosing the same candidate. He can consider that a foolish decision but He doesn't have to answer for me before God. He's responsible for his choices. At least towards the end I at least could really respect and appreciate his passion. The Lord was sweet to whisper that "the passion he has is the same burning passion I gave you". Ah dang it! I wish I was more freaking humble but instead I'm a passionate fighting machine. I've got a fire in my belly too and I have I hard time shutting up about certain things. There were some things in the sermon that were rather discouraging but those things would have been the same things I would have in the past have probably given an amen to. Grief has changed me.

Frankly, I don't care who anybody votes for. Vote for Hillary if that's what you feel the Lord is leading you to vote for, or Donald or write in Baby Jesus. I DON'T CARE. It's not that I don't care about the outcome I'm just not fearful about it. All the pros and cons I've heard about for choosing to vote for either of the big two players is all based on speculation and I've seen both candidates backed biblically. There is no sin issue surrounding who a person votes for if a Christian can look Jesus in the eyes one day and say I earnestly sought you in this. The lot has been cast and the Lord is in control of how that lot will fall. He is the one working in men and women's hearts to sway them one way or another. He is the one who appoints officials. I can rest easy in that and because of that I can go vote and feel great about who I choose. I don't have to compromise and I'm thankful. I don't have to fear because my hope is in Christ alone. So I am taking up my charge to fight with my vote and if that looks different for another brother or sister in Christ then great! Could the Lord not move His people to vote in different ways so that He might be glorified even more? I absolutely think so. So may the Lord be glorified in this election. If that's for America to reap what it's sowed so be it. To Christ be the glory. Much beauty comes out of suffering and if suffering is headed to America than I can rejoice that the church will be purified and will come out as a beautiful bride. If the Lord chooses to spare us in His mercy than I will give thanks and pray that hearts will turn. But Biblically it's laid out what it has taken for God's people to truly turn back to Him. To God be the glory.

1 P 4:
Wowzers. Talk about a war cry. So very very good. So very very sobering. Thankful that for today I am not called to suffer in my body for Christ but I pray the Lord would prepare me and my family if this is the cup we must drink from.

"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins."
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭4:8‬ ‭NIV‬‬

May your people truly love each other and those who do not know you Lord. May we not just say we love by excusing sin or by casting stones but truly love like you do. We too once were lost let us not forget that. We have been saved by grace and by grace alone.

D

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: