Monday, October 10, 2016

Well That's One Way To Start The Day

Today I was reminded of a very familiar scene when pregnant with Abbie. Nothing quite like dry heaving to get the day started. I've felt pretty blech all day. This is the strangest pregnancy ever. No rhyme or reason to much of anything. Didn't sleep much last night so that surely didn't help anything. 

My kids stole the rest of my words so wrapping it up quickly. Thankful for beautiful weather. So ready for the crispness of fall. Wish we actually had more than a week or so of fall in these parts. It's snowing in Bozeman tonight. Jealous of others fleeing Texas and heading off to other glorious parts of the world. Ready for a new adventure. 

Psalm 104:
Good to be reminded of the sheer awe of the Lord. Need to get out in His beauty so I can fully take it in. 

"All creatures look to you to give them their food at the proper time. When you give it to them, they gather it up; when you open your hand, they are satisfied with good things."
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭104:27-28‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thankful for the ways the Lord shows up in our sorrow, grief and broken places. It can be so hard to really sit in grief with another because often we just want to fix instead of allowing another to just be where they are. I think the past couple years I've seen another side of grief in myself and others that I love. Grief can be lonely but it's so beautiful when someone trusts you enough to fully invite you to sit with them in their grief. It's a humbling a holy experience to love someone enough to just sit with them in the heartache and pain and not try to speed up the process. There is great beauty in grief and pain. If I simply desire to just experience happiness or joy I miss out on so much. Blessed are those who mourn. Only the Lord could turn sorrow and grief into something so incredibly beautiful and turn it into blessing.

D


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: