Tuesday, November 01, 2016

Buckle Up

Well, last night after all the shenanigans of the day I realized that I had a midwife appt today. There's beauty to having appts at home and there's also great disadvantages. Our house has been extra special since the sickness descended upon us. I've had no energy. Like none. Like I can't get off the couch though I know I should kind of energy. Thankfully I've felt somewhat more normal the last two days. My midwife even mentioned that I look better. But pre-appt there was a mad scramble to make our house not look so extra special. I must say having it cleaner has done a world of difference for my mindset. Our room is still in need of some serious help, thank you Bit! But overall feel more caught up. Laundry is a different story but since our dishwasher was fixed yesterday maybe our dish situation won't be so dire.

Ready for this election to be over. I really don't care what the outcome is I'm just ready for it to be done. Everybody has a reason for their vote and I think that's really swell but I'm over hearing about thrown away votes and votes for somebody if not for somebody else. Fear Factor was cancelled a long time ago and I never really watched it much anyway. This election is judgement so I'm not thinking it's going to turn out very well either way. Let's buckle up and see what flavor of evil we are going to get for four years.

Saw a great quote the other day that I'm really chewing on and want to embrace. I'll butcher it but..
At first I wanted to change the world. Then I thought changing the church was the way to go but decided the best good would be to just change myself instead.

I don't think I can change myself at least long term anyway but I really like the gist of it and it resonated with me. I can't wait till my pride exists no more in heaven. I know pride is not the only vice I struggle with but I think it's definitely the most offensive. Hate it.

2 P 3:
"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."
‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭3:8-9‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I'm so thankful the Lord is so very patient.

D




Sent from my iPhone


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: