Wednesday, November 02, 2016

By Jove! I Think You Might Be On To Something!

My hubs is pretty brilliant. He has boiled down the division this election to pragmatists and idealists. A pragmatist is more likely going to view this whole thing through the lens of what the end goal is going to be. I think this is why pragmatists response to a third party vote is "that's a vote for Hillary"!!!! The end goal driving the voting decision is the Supreme Court Justice nominees. Idealists on the other hand care much less about the end goal and are more concerned about the journey along the way. Neither is wrong and both views are needed in this world. But it makes sense why one argument would sway people and yet not move the needle at all for others. I've really never thought about how much viewing the world in this light effects how you do lots of things or well how you do everything. This explains why some people are very successful goal setters and others simply aren't. To me the journey is just as important if not more important than the end goal. It might also be why I'm captivated by people's stories. The journey matters a lot to me. The end goal is great but without an incredible journey, meh. I'm just really excited about this revelation today. Ah the beauty of knowing thyself and understanding others better.

Psalm 72:
Interesting read in light of today. Come quickly King Jesus!

"He will rescue them from oppression and violence, for precious is their blood in his sight."
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭72:14‬ ‭NIV‬‬

D



Sent from my iPhone


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: