Friday, December 16, 2016

HAM

1. Thankful for a precious family who left amazing ham on our doorstep. My mouth is still hanging open. 

2. Thankful for Satan's Village. No that's not a typo. I think I have a love / hate relationship with that place. Thankful for the kid like wonder and that my oldest still enjoys going. That's a gift in itself. 

3. Thankful to reclaim a school day I thought was lost. I will finish out strong. Encouraged by another family who is also doing Ambleside this year. 

4. My sinuses are hurting like crazy. Thankful that sinus pain and allergies will be nonexistent in heaven.

5. Thankful that 99.9% of my complaints in life are truly first world problems. Heart still reeling over video from Aleppo. I wish I understood more but still hurting and confused that there is so much h in this world / part of humanity that I am so clueless about. Longing for Jesus. 

Loved Piper's Devo today. Just a snippet of the greatness.

The way up is down. The way forward is backward. The way to success is through divinely appointed setbacks. They will always look and feel like failure. 

Love that God's ways are not my own. Love that although many were looking for a mighty warrior king Jesus was born a lowly babe in a manger. 

D
Sent from my iPhone

No comments: