Monday, December 12, 2016

So None Can Boast

1. Started the day off with this gem of a passage thanks to Ishtar.

"God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it."
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭2:8-9‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Great discussion afterwards about discussing how God views our hearts and that the condition of our heart is much more important than following the law. Sweet to think of Rahab a mere prostitute and yet one of the greats. Saved by grace so that no of us can boast of our "good deeds" or our righteousness. God levels the playing field and the poor man becomes rich, the lowly man becomes the guest of honor. His ways are so not like mine. He sees our hearts, He knows our story and while we were still in the depths of our rebellion He died for us. When I think on this I am blown away every single time.

2. Another choir performance knocked out by my crew. This is the second day in a row I've felt a sting of pain as I heard my oldest boy sing. His voice sounded so angelic to me today and I'm saddened that I've often written him off as not the creative type. He doesn't share the same love of singing that his sister has but I'm saddened that I haven't encouraged him more in the past.

3. Date Night. Thankful for a sweet friend who loves on my babies and time with my beloved without all the kid shenanigans.

4. Thankful for rest this morning. Much needed and yet I felt as if I could have slept all day. My head felt like a million pounds this morning. Easy to dream of fleeing north Texas especially after looking at an allergen map and seeing that the rest of the country is pretty allergen free right now but Texas is the scourge of the US.

5. All of Ephesians 2 is amazing.

D



Sent from my iPhone

No comments: