Thursday, December 29, 2016

Some May Call It Crazy Others An Adventure

1. It's interesting that this thought was one of the first things that came to mind when the dog was adding an extra level of joy and cheer to our morning. The dog actually had a good day and when she is t trying to be next to me I actually like her. She walks my boys multiple times a day and she's helping us purge useless toys. Really I like her mostly but truth be told I hate most living things when I'm gestating. 

2. Friends from out of town stopped by to hang out today. I really enjoy these friends as they dance to the beat of a different drum. They challenge me and my faith. I love how they throw the cautious parameters of American Christianity out the window and set it on freaking fire. Over the years I have sat wide eyed at times as I hear of their newest adventures. I always walk away encouraged and in the past scratching my head a little. I love these friends and I love to hear of their adventures and the amazing ways God provides for them. Life isn't a cake walk for them but they live an adventure and dance this beautiful dance with the Lord that many of us would envy. They love Jesus and are passionate about God and it's awesome to here how often they are at the right place at the right time to lead someone to Christ. 

3. One of the things that is so refreshing to me about my friends is how loosely they hold their possessions. I have heard story after story of how God has provided what they have needed over the years. It's one of the reasons it was so easy to pick up and move to another country because possessions don't tie them down. Mulling over all of it. 

4. Not as far on swapping projects as I would like to be. Not ready to take on 2017 with a whopper of a to do list left to tackle but it will come anyway and it will be fine. 

5. The tiny little snow flake that was on my weather forecast yesterday is now no where to be seen. Sad sad day. 

6. James!!! So stinking good. 

"You want what you don't have, so you scheme and kill to get it. You are jealous of what others have, but you can't get it, so you fight and wage war to take it away from them. Yet you don't have what you want because you don't ask God for it."
‭‭James‬ ‭4:2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

I love this verse. You walk around jealous of others, sulky and upset but did you ever even ask for it? Boom! The entire chapter is a big boom. One right after the other.

D


Sent from my iPhone


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: