1. Oh dear ole Gin Blossoms.
2. Jealous of the Portland snow. Happy for the snow joy but want some of my own. I love a good snow. I love watching it fall. I love how it smells. I love how a snowy sky looks. I love how it turns things magical. I love how things sound when covered by a thick blanket of snow. I love the sound of snow crunching under my feet. Maybe we can still pull out a crazy snow here in Texas. Not holding my breath considering how mosquitos are still the size of small dogs here and it's January and our AC is on. Ho hum!
3. More time airing out children today. My minions grated on me as they whined about this or that. I forget they are kids and that I do the same exact thing just about different things. Most of us are spoiled brats, correct that, I am a spoiled brat, when things don't go smashingly and with ease. Definite apple tree syndrome going on around here. If only I was willing to extent my offspring the same grace that I want.
4. Speaking of apple tree syndrome the Crazy that goes down in Isaac's family and extends into Rebecca's brothers side is good enough for Prime Time television. This is my favorite verse from tonight.
"So that evening, as Jacob was coming home from the fields, Leah went out to meet him. "You must come and sleep with me tonight!" she said. "I have paid for you with some mandrakes that my son found." So that night he slept with Leah."
Genesis 30:16 NLT
It really didn't take long for the whole marriage and sex thing to get really wackado. Big shocker it continues to be totally jacked. The whole maid servant being given to the hubs for the purpose of being a baby maker for the wife makes me a bit queasy. How sad for all three involved, although it seems the hubs gets the less obvious short end of the stick. Bleck!
5. Need to bathe in some holy water to undo the effects of the horrible juniper tree. There is absolutely nowhere to run and hide from this abominable tree in the US. Looks like it's going to be a lifetime of GF, DF and SF. I will do me well in the long run but definitely not fun. I'd like to think the chocolate cake in heaven will be stellar but let's be real I won't give a damn about chocolate cake in heaven.
Sent from my iPhone