Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Lightening Crashes

1. Reliving some high school glory and angst wth the song Lightening Crashes from Live. Whatever happened to that band? Here today gone tomorrow. Maybe the 2017 goal of song titles and lyrics isn't the best idea. It leads to much squirreling.

2. Conversations with the kids lead to talking about red flags and those red flags could be wrong but not worth ignoring. Then I looked at my sweet kiddo and lightening crashed. The searing bolt of pain that can feel so fresh and raw. I could get to the place of rejoicing in circumstances if it wasn't for this one sticking point.

"But if you cause one of these little ones who trusts in me to fall into sin, it would be better for you to have a large millstone tied around your neck and be drowned in the depths of the sea."
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭18:6‬ ‭NLT‬‬

I know the Lord grieves with me over my child. I know He too is angry at what occurred at His house. I also know that He has a plan that I can not see and despite evil He can overcome and make even the deepest wounds and scars beautiful. Tonight I'm thankful for hope and that I can trust that the Lord is good. If it weren't for His goodness bitterness would consume me.

3. I just did a great job at squirreling. I think constant access to info and communication only makes it much much worse. Sheesh!

4. Noah's lineage and the tower of Babble tonight. Nothing huge hit me. I'm really tired. I do wish I knew more Greek and Hebrew though. I think there is some meaning I'm missing in the Babble story. It is interesting that it says the Lord came down to see what the people were doing. Where did God's presence go after the Fall? It seems like some people still had direct contact with God pre-flood?? I don't know. It's confusing to me.

D

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: