Monday, January 02, 2017

Monday, Monday

Today was quite the day. It started off with kids getting to bed way too late. Actually they were in bed at a decent time but since my hubs and I didn't communicate about ending the ongoing sibling slumber party, the bigs did what they do best, they partied. Somebody got this book for her oldest for Christmas which was actually the culprit. It's her first "scary" book. Not RL Stine Fear Street scary more like Lemony Snicket  scary. She read the book to everyone and imaginations ran wild and they got wrapped up in the story. I love that the bigs are at a point where they get lost in a book and want to keep reading but goodness they need sleep too! 

Today was a blast jumping back into the groove of school with exhausted kids. We all survived though and got in a full day. We may have gotten some super late and the kids might have eaten Cup O Noodles tonight for dinner but hopefully their little minds are full of more knowledge tonight. 

Just a side note I am powerless over the cuteness of Mudge. He's just too mudge. Bahahahahaha! I crack myself up. I blame it on the rain that we had in the wee hours of the morning. Love hearing God's powerful manifested in an awesome thunderstorm.

Genesis 3-5:
Two things stuck out to me the most.

1.  ""It's only the fruit from the tree in the middle of the garden that we are not allowed to eat. God said, 'You must not eat it or even touch it; if you do, you will die.'""
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭3:3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

God never said anything about not touching the fruit. There's absolutely wisdom in not even touching something that is forbidden but interesting to me that Eve added to what the Lord had said. I think there is a tendency to add to or subtract from God's Word and thats incredibly dangerous. 

"Do not add to or subtract from these commands I am giving you. Just obey the commands of the LORD your God that I am giving you."
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭4:2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

2. "At that moment their eyes were opened, and they suddenly felt shame at their nakedness. So they sewed fig leaves together to cover themselves."
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭3:7‬ ‭NLT‬‬

The very first consequence of the Fall was shame and what is very interesting to me is not shame over what they had done but rather shame over their nakedness. 

D


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: