Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Redemption Songs

It feels kinda silly but again struck by just how good Redemption Song by Bob Marley is. It's a heavy song. I don't even know how my five year old ended up playing it on Alexa tonight but it was so beautiful and moving. I thought of Robinson Crusoe as I listened. His crazy circumstances turned his wayward heart to one that learned to give thanks in all circumstances. It was adversity that thought him how to truly thank the Lord. There is a beautiful refining that happens only in the darkest of valleys. It's harder to see a need for a rod and staff of comfort or how amazing the quiet streams are when we are coasting in life.

Rethinking lots of things. The time seems to be growing more and more fleeting as my oldest is about to turn eleven. I will blink and she'll be a Junior in High School and I'll be stuck wondering if I've taught her all that I desire to as two years of so short to cram the rest of what I missed in. Trying to figure out how to set a better rhythm in our home that helps reflect all that we want to teach and inspire in our children. I don't want to miss the most important moments getting lost in the mere busyness of such temporal things. It all seems so very pressing at times but that's the lie. People are always more important than tasks. Accomplishing a grand to do list doesn't make for a grand adventure or a great story. All of creation screams of His majesty and yet I miss it. I don't want to miss it anymore. I don't know exactly what to do about that. Looking forward to figuring something out during Lent to carve away the junk and make more soul space not just for me but for our entire family. Probably wouldn't hurt to even purge the junk out of our house one bag at a time for 40 days either. Yearning for simplicity. His yoke is easy and His burden is light.

D



Sent from my iPhone

No comments: