Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Gak!

1. I'm covered in baby gak. How sweet it is. 

2. Callen officially has a frog belly. It's not a sorta frog belly, it's full on. Makes my heart sing.

3. Stressed tonight over decisions and choices. It was good to stop and ask myself why I was stressed. Really it comes down to wanting the answers that I think are best or that I want. The stress in this situation is caused by idolatry. Always fun to see that. The truth is God can provide energy and time needed or He can provide money. Neither one is more difficult than the other. One option requires me to lay down my wants and my desires. The Lord is sweet and many times answers in such a way that is what I want. This of course is not always the case.  So if I'm truly asking Him for what direction is best then I can't go in only willing to entertain my desires. 
"Your Kingdom come. Your will be done."

4. We are back to our full on groove this week. Tomorrow Les has his first gig post Callen. If things go as smoothly as they did tonight when he went to a meeting then I'm confident I'll need a stiff drink by tomorrow night. Bit and Mudge are quite the duo. 

5. Encouraged tonight about our homeschool track today. We are still taking the relaxed Charlotte Mason approach and both feet in the world of Ambleside. My daughter wrote a killer poem today. We've done no formal writing much less gone over any proper way to write a poem. Yet Longfellow and Dickinson have proved to be great teachers nonetheless. I hoped it would work but I'm truly floored by the results. Now granted my boys decided to write their own poetry as well and let's just say the results are not the same. But their maturity is a lot less than my old soul. They will get there in maybe ten years. As they mature I really think they will be storing up the same pieces of knowledge even if it manifests itself in ways that best suit their own unique giftedness. 

6. Loving Zechariah. 

"Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin, to see the plumb line in Zerubbabel's hand." (The seven lamps represent the eyes of the Lord that search all around the world.)"
‭‭Zechariah‬ ‭4:10‬ ‭NLT‬‬

I think living in a "go big or go home" kinda world I neglect to celebrate the small beginnings. I want to microwave results or growth and I love instant gratification. It's the small beginnings and the little by little change that can get an entire Temple built. God give me eyes to see the small beginnings and give me a heart that rejoices and gives thanks for them as well.

D


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: