Saturday, April 29, 2017

Toe Jam

1. Silent retreat today. Great to have time to make a huge dump of all the things that have been swirling around in my brain these days. Interesting how themes always seem to tie together and connect or are repeated. Hopefully over the next several days I'll be able to flush it all out more. Crazy exhausted so not tonight.

2. No canned ham hail fell on top of van today. Hail? No.

3. So not every adventure is a good adventure. But I tend to think an adventure is always better than no adventure. I got smacked down with either allergy overload, fourth trimester or adrenal fatigue awesomeness this afternoon. Think I see a pattern post baby now though. Think almost all of my serious brain fog, low blood sugar feeling, fatigue, and dizziness hits in the afternoon. It's not solely afternoon but mostly. Well got smacked pretty hard with it and really wanted to chat with friends and process thoughts in my head and hear theirs. It was wheels off and I felt like crap instead. Then ended up paying for a doctor's date night due to a toe jam. The time spent with friends did not turn out as I had hoped BUT driving home was overcome with emotion thinking about how God has blessed me with people who know me, who aren't afraid to get in the middle of my crazy and my mess and who I know who would even climb into the darkest pit and sit in it with me. I am loved despite my short comings.

4. Did I mention I'm tired?

5. Thankful for four bigs snuggled together listening to audio books and four littles piled on my bed. I am so crazy rich.

6. Zechariah 8: loved this picture of redemption.

"Thus says the Lord of hosts: Old men and old women shall again sit in the streets of Jerusalem, each with staff in hand because of great age. And the streets of the city shall be full of boys and girls playing in its streets."
‭‭Zechariah‬ ‭8:4-5‬ ‭ESV‬


D
Sent from my iPhone

No comments: