Saturday, May 20, 2017

The Red Heifer

I don't really know anything about the Red heifer but I always think about it and maybe giggle a bit when I think about Revelations. Let's just say that this time it's more of a nervous tick rather than a real giggle. Who knows when the end will come but there are some crazy things going on these days. I'm sure people have been saying that for decades though.

I don't know but Revelations is a different read to me this time. If we are smack dab in the middle of the beginning of the real s storm the thought of my kids dealing with that possibly with out their awesome parents makes me sick. They are growing up in some really crazy times. End of the world or not, the world view is really whack these days. It's reeks of death and destruction. Really who gives a rip about whether or not to do soccer or agonize over this curriculum or that. That is near sightedness for sure. My kids are going to encounter crazy crap that I wouldn't have even begun to be able to imagine. I need to stop being so insanely distracted over things that are so temporal and prepare them for the long game. Long game most important all the rest is just fluff on the sides. And if we are indeed created to glorify Christ shouldn't the extracurricular be about that too rather than just having kids who can sing, or act or shoot a basketball? Long game. I need to focus on the long game. Bigs is 11. Time is fleeting. I gotta get out of this crazy city. I gotta get a flip phone.

This always gets me:

"When the Lamb opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour."
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭8:1‬ ‭ESV‬‬

D

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: