Friday, June 30, 2017

So Long, Farewell Auf Wiedersehen, Adieu

1. Signing off for a month, I think. Really want to put pen to paper but I'm not sure how realistic that's going to be on a daily basis. We shall see.

2. More strep. Whoop! Is it strep? Is it mono? Is it the RPL allergy? Who knows. No fevers as of yet. I think my boy might have one but ibuprofen is probably keeping it at bay. For now, we are under the 100.4 mark. I tried to get him to take raw garlic and that was a mistake. This is the kid that changed my mind about making my kids take at least a bite of everything or as many bites as their age. He simply can't do it without unpleasantries that back fire onto the table. Overall I think his body is fighting it better than the last round. Here's the interesting part. Before his throat ever hurt his neck and back got sore as if he slept funny. If I'm remembering correctly that happened last time too. So weird.

3. Learning more and more that compassion works so much better than anything else with my kiddos. They are all challenging in their own ways but for all of them really listening and have empathy even in their over the top emotions works the best. Truly how do I feel when people invalidate my own feelings, thoughts or struggles? Doy! Duh! Der! I have children not miniature sized adults.

4. Choice is the other thing that I often miss out on giving my kids. It's not free reign to do whatever you want but it comes with choice. Most of us want options. Do you want me to go with you to apologize to your teacher for being rude or do you want me to drive home and you can come back with your dad and do it? It's a lovely beautiful thing.

5. The Princess slayed that bastard anxiety dragon tonight. I thank God for all the wins big and small that we get.

6."I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose."
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭2:21‬ ‭ESV‬‬

D

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: